Fox Sports San Diego is a popular regional sports station which is jointly owned by the Diamond Sports Group and the San Diego Padres. As its name suggests FFSD TV is an affiliate of Fox Sports Networks. Currently Diamond Sports Group own a majority stake in FFSD and own 80% of the channel, while the San Diego Padres own the remaining 20% of FFSD.
Everything that you need to know about FSSD TV:
It’s available on cable:
You can watch FFSD TV on cable in San Diego County. As well as in Hawaii, Southern Arizona and Las Vegas.
You can watch FFSD throughout the nation via satellite using DirecTV:
If you don’t live in San Diego County, you’ll still be able to watch FFSD via stateliest using DirecTV.
FSSD TV was created as part of a deal which was signed by Fox Sports and the San Diego Padres:
Fox Sports San Diego was first established after Fox Sports successfully signed a 20 year broadcast deal with the San Diego Padres. As part of the deal Fox Sports paid $28 millions dollars to purchase the broadcasting rights for the San Diego Padres’ MLB games for the first year. By the end of the contract, Fox Sports will end up paying the San Diego Padres’ $75 Million dollars as part of their contract.
Each San Diego Padres’ game is commentated on by Dick Enberg and Mark Grant:
When FSSD was first created, many long time Padres’ fans were concerned that the Padres’ long time commentators Dick Enberg and Mark Grant would be replaced. However, as both Enberg and Grant are employed directly by the San Diego Padres, Fox Sports wisely allowed both commentators to continue commentating on Padres’ games.
FFSD and cox FFSD show a wide variety of sports games:
While FFSD was primarily created to screen San Diego Padres’ games, the sports channel also features a wide variety of sports games. As an example, you’ll be able to watch the Los Angeles Clippers, the Anaheim Ducks and the Los Angeles Kings’ games on FFSD TV.
In the future FFSD may start screening college athletics competitions:
In the future expect to see California based college athletics competitions screened on FFSD. As the network has recently been in talks with a multitude of Californian based athletics programs. So if you’re interested in watching the next generation of California’s athletics champions compete, it’s well worth keeping an eye out for local athletics competitions being screened on FFSD.
You can watch Liga MX games on FFSD:
If you’re interested in watching professional Mexican football games, you’re also in luck as FFSD also owns the rights to screen select Liga MX games in the United States. The primary teams which you’ll get to watch compete on FFSD are C.F Monterrey and Club Tijuana. Both of which are based close to the US, Mexican border with San Diego.
Whether you’re simply a die hards sports fan or are a huge fan of the San Diego Padres it’s well worth using cable or satellite in order to start watching games of FFSD.
Leave a Reply