Everyone knows that top gamers make serious money by competing in global video game competitions. But is it possible for a non-professional to earn while pursuing their passion for playing games? Yes! The internet is very kind to gamers, opening up countless potential revenue streams. But will this trend of ‘gaming as a career’ last long? Let’s explore.
Some of the most basic ways gamers can earn money include –
- Live streaming their games on streaming platforms. Accept donations from the viewers.
- Becoming an opinion leader in the gaming industry. Write blogs, social media posts, etc. reviewing games.
- Create video guides or tutorials on games.
- Hosting podcasts that extensively cover important gaming topics.
- Win prizes on the original site of top online gaming platforms.
These are some entry-level options for new gamers. For veteran gamers, the prospects are even more promising.
Becoming an Industry Insider
Professional gamers who have years of experience playing games can contribute in various ways to the industry. Some methods of valuable contribution include –
- Working as a customer support expert for their favorite game development company
- Use their expertise to contribute to the game development process
- Game Testing is a lucrative profession where top gamers from around the world receive a lot of money to share their opinions on games that are yet to hit the market.
- In-game currency Investor – Convert your real money to digital currency by investing in your favorite games’ currency. Get more updates here on how to deal with online microtransactions.
Becoming an Independent Gaming Entrepreneur
You can even start your enterprise with your gaming knowledge. Some low-investment business opportunities for skillful gamers include –
- Creating and selling merchandise related to their favorite games
- Coaching aspiring professionals. The internet enables expert gamers to get in touch with aspiring gamers from around the world.
The Future of these Professions
Gaming coaches can earn lucrative sums at hourly rates. They can also ask their students to share a chunk of their prize money in case they win. The ‘virtual’ world is becoming more and more real every day because of these lucrative revenue opportunities. Expect this profession to grow stronger as technology improves in the future.
To read more on topics like this, check out the Lifestyle category